Friday, April 8, 2011

Friday Morning

As I reflect this morning, I have so much to be grateful for. Thank you God, for the life you gave me, for all of it's challenges that have made me a better person; for the most amazing children and grandchildren, whom I love with all of my being.

I love music so much. It speaks to the soul within me, even if it's a sappy love song, doesn't mean I'm sad, just means I can relate on some level to that feeling. I am so glad this world has such wonderful, talented artist that express themselves, many though their own life experiences. It lets us know, we are not unique in the burdens we carry; this is a temporary place, called life.

I also love to dance. It's another place where I can feel the music, and express my emotion through the movement of my body. I am a very sensual dancer, and although I have never had a lesson, that is something I would love to do one day soon. I've only been dancing once in the past 6 months. That's gotta change. It makes me happy, and isn't that what life is about, doing things that make you, and others feel good.

My heart still has a void for now, but I trust that when the time is right, God will send me a good, decent, faithful, honest, man, similar to the one he called home six years ago. I trust he wants that for me, but he first wanted me to know me and to love myself. I have spent my life as a co-dependent, taking care of others. You lose your identity in that role. This has been a painful journey, but I do love myself and I'm getting to know myself better and better everyday. I want to be the best I can be with the gifts God gave me, never taking anything or anyone for granted.

Until later,

Paula

No comments: