Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Yesterday was a very stressful day for some reason.  I had a morning meeting that went okay, but I felt a panic attack come on that was overwhelming.  Our company LTC and DI wholesaler, along with my colleagues were talking about end of life care.  Being on the heel of the 23rd, well it just took my breath away.  I texted my daughter and had her make me an appointment with Bill.  She was concerned and came to pick me up insisting that we take a walk around the lake; that would make me feel better.  Unfortunately all it did was piss me off.  She took me back to my car, swore she would never ask me to walk again and took off.  So did I, but not back to the office, instead I took a ride to the Talmadge Bridge.  I won't go in to any details here except to say that it was stupid and scared the hell out of my daughter.  When I finally made it back to the office I learned that one of our business networking friends, 29 years old had died.  It was later confirmed she had killed herself.  It is suspected that she grieved herself to a bad place after losing her Mother last September.  I am very saddened by this for her husband, family, friends and colleagues.  I have to say I can almost understand that kind of depression.  It is horrible and feels hopeless.

Later...

No comments: