Thursday, December 27, 2012

Long Night

I was sick last night with what I believe to be another case of shingles in my left ear.  I had the severe pain, like I have had over the years on many occasions since in my twenties, usually brought on by stress. I  also believe I had something else on top of that.  At first I thought it was that I had taken several medications trying to get some relief, and started vomiting.  I went to bed at 5 in the afternoon; I would doze a few minutes, wake myself up screaming for my Mother, go throw up, then repeat...  What a long night it was.  What really sticks out in my mind about the night is that for the first time that I recall, I reached my leg all the way across the bed looking for Gibson.  It woke me to the realization he wasn't, nor has he been there in almost 8 years. Such a sad feeling...

I always call out for my Mother in my sleep, especially when I'm sick, but I do believe that was the first time I was physically looking for Gibson. :(  My ear still hurts, but the throwing up has subsided. 

Kristen called me this morning and said she had it too, except no ear pain. She is coughing, has sinus drainage, along with the vomiting, and tachycardia. Please keep her in your prayers.  


Love,
Paula


No comments: