Friday, February 17, 2012

Psalms 23:1 - 6 The Lord is My Shepherd

The Lord Is My Shepherd

A Psalm of David.

1 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.  
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures.
   He leads me beside still waters.
 
3 He restores my soul.
  He leads me in paths of righteousness 
  for his name's sake.
4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, 
  I will fear no evil,
  for you are with me;
  your rod and your staff,
  they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me
  in the presence of my enemies;
  you anoint my head with oil;
  my cup overflows. 

  6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
  all the days of my life,
  and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord
  forever. 

1 comment:

Princess said...

I remember walking in to our bedroom one evening before my husband passed away. I thought he was sleeping, but I heard him quietly reciting the 23rd Psalm. What a sweet memory. I miss you, sweetheart.