Sunday, October 31, 2010

Post Surgery

It's been 2 weeks since my cervical spine surgery. It was and continues to be a lot more than I bargained for. The surgery itself was more complicated, took longer, and when I woke I was in severe pain. I stayed in recovery for 3 hours trying to get the pain under control. I had 3 disk replaced, 4 fusions and a plate. All of this for an injury of which I'm not sure when it occurred. I have a couple of things in mind, one was a fall from a tree house rope when I was 10, the other was a fall from a tree tire swing a couple of years ago. I was standing in the tire being pushed when the rope began to burn my hands and I let go in mid air. I took quite a fall, but I thought I got away with just scrapes and bruises. Who knows?

So many clients, friends, associates that I had spoken to either knew someone who had had my surgery or had it themselves and assured me I would be good as new when I woke up. Wrong, my pain in my shoulders and upper arms has continued, and now I have a scar on my neck to boot. I go to the doctor on Monday. I am praying this is temporary, that my nerves are just inflamed. The recovery period is 2-6 weeks. I think he was being very optimistic with me with the 2 week because I didn't want to take the time off.

My sister, Robin, flew in from Mississippi and spent the first week with me. My friend Frankie, took vacation and took care of me the second week. Now, I'm on my own and the blues have set in. I cry a lot, and think about people I love, and miss in my life. I am also very spirital, and I believe if it's God's will, he will reunite us again when the time is right.

‎"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law." Galatians 5:22-23 It is my prayer that God will lead me in his path.

Until later...

Paula

No comments: